Just after the foundation of the Company
The article of a newspaper reporting that the manufacture of "malic acid" started.
Kanzakigawa research laboratory building
- As a young researcher at the Faculty of Medicine in Osaka University, Shozo Akazawa (Honorary chairman) began conducting pharmaceutical research.
- FUSO CHEMICAL CO.,LTD. was established in The Osaka City.
- Began the research and manufacture of chlorine compounds. Began the manufacture of fatty acid chloride.
- Established the Kanzakigawa Factory in Osaka.
- Began the manufacture of the food additive "malic acid."
- Began the manufacture of the isobutylene derivative "PTBBA" through the use of air oxidation.
- Began exporting "malic acid".
- Received the Outstanding Exporter Award from the Minister of International Trade and Industry.
- Completed the research laboratories at the Kanzakigawa Factory.
- Moved the Head Office to the current Shin-Osaka Office.
- Completed the first stage of the Sakai Factory.
- Opened the Osaka Business Office (currently the Head Office).
- Established laboratories under the Sales Dept. to start product development.
- Developed and began the manufacture of "Malic acid salt" (malic acid derivative).
- Developed Malic acid in compliance with FDA standards. Began the stable production of high-purity malic acid.
- Opened the Tokyo Branch Office.
- Developed and began the manufacture of "Sodium dl-Malate" (malic acid derivative).
- Began marketing "W-Clean" alga expellent to the seaweed culture industry.
- Received an award from the Director-General of the Science and Technology Agency for the applied and development engineering of malic acid derivatives.
- Completed the first stage of the Fukuchiyama Factory.
- Began the refinement of "Citric acid".
- Began full-scale sales of "Trisodium citrate".
- Super-high purity "Colloidal silica" adopted by semiconductor manufacturers as a principal material in the final polishing slurry for silicon wafers.
- Moved the Head Office to the present site. Closed the Osaka Business Office.
- Established Fuso Kosan Co., Ltd. (currently FUSO CORPORATION CO.,LTD.)
- Opened the Fukuoka Business Office.
Qingdao Fuso Refining & Processing Co., Ltd.
- Established Qingdao Fuso Refining & Processing Co., Ltd.
- Established Qingdao Fuso Trading Co., Ltd.
- The Tokyo Branch Office,the Fukuchiyama Factory,and the Sakai Factory are changed and the name is changed to each the Tokyo Branch,the Kyoto First Factory,and the Osaka Factory.
- Began over-the-counter trading of stocks on JASDAQ.
PMP Fermentation Products, Inc.
Kyoto Second Factory
- Established FUSO CHEMICAL QINGDAO CO.,LTD.
- Purchased the domestic chemical business and the total shares of its subsidiary "PMP Fermentation Products, Inc." in the United States from Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Completed the first period works (warehouses) of Kyoto Second Factory.
- Established Qingdao Fuso Refining & Processing Co., Ltd. Shanghai Branch.
- The Electronic Materials manufacturing equipment of the Kyoto First Factory is reinforced.
- Moved its Tokyo Office to Nihonbashi-Honcho.
- The Electronic Materials manufacturing equipment of the Kyoto Second Factory is constructed.
- Established FUSO (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
- Established KAIYO CHEMICAL CO.,LTD.
- Established the Tokyo Head Office(previously the Tokyo Branch)
- Constructed the new factory of FUSO (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
- Moved its Tokyo Head Office to the present site.
Global Niche Top Companies Selection 100
- Established the Tokyo R & D in Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa Science ParkiKSP).
- Selected as one of the "Global Niche Top Companies Selection 100" from Ministry@of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Started marketing maleic anhydride and fumaric acid, taking over the organic acid business from Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Tokyo Stock Exchange, 1st Section
- Altered the Listing Market Division of Tokyo Stock Exchange from JASDAQ Standard to 1st Section.